Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Testimony

I, David Moore, have the confidence that if I were to die today, I would spend eternity in Heaven. "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life." I John 5:13

If I were to die today and stand before God and He were to say to me, "Why should I let you into Heaven?" I would respond: Jesus found me. He has paid the price for my salvation. I didn’t deserve it, but He loves me. I was born into sin, and I needed God. I was in disobedience to God, but He picked me up for His glory. Jesus is Lord, and I invited Him to come into my life. Now I am a tool for God. Praise the Lord!

As best I recall, this took place at home in Franklin, Massachusetts when I was very young. When I think about this important event, I remember my sister, Susanna, asking me if I had prayed to accept Christ as my Lord and Savior. I answered, "no." She asked if I wanted to, and I said, "yes." She led me in prayer, and then we ran up the stairs to tell the good news to my parents!

Since I received Christ, I can see God’s hand at work changing me and equipping me for His service in the following ways:
I want to obey my parents and respect my elders. When I see people with a need, I love to help them. God has given me a talent with music, and I enjoy playing for Him. He has given me a desire to serve the church and the ministry with my abilities.

I was scripturally baptized in a lake in Franklin, Massachusetts by my father who was our pastor. That was in the summer of 1997.

Some of the people whom the Lord used to bring me to Christ were my father and mother.

4 Comments:

At Monday, August 20, 2007 3:17:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Pruett said...

I love your testimony, David!

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay David I thought that was a good testimony

 
At Monday, April 21, 2008 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Keebler the Elf said...

Hey yo, Davy, bro, that was cool. Hey I dunno but I might get to blog once in a while on my dad's laptop.

 
At Thursday, August 07, 2008 11:26:00 AM, Blogger friend said...

hello....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home